Compulsive list-making

I’ve added new pages with lists of books read in 2009 and 2008, thanks to the new Blogger Pages – I’ve been waiting for that for ages! Here are some statistics for last year, which I meant to post in January; they are pretty similar to the previous year.

Number of books read in 2009: 158
Fiction/Non-Fiction ratio: 146 fiction (including 1 play), 12 non-fiction
Male/Female authors: 42 men; 63 women
Favourite book read: The Children’s Book by A.S. Byatt. Loved it.
Least favourite: Primitive by Mark Nykanen – not on the list because I refused to finish it
Oldest book read: Anne of Ingleside by L.M. Montgomery
Newest book read: Primitive
Number of re-reads: 26
Books in translation: 2 - Last Rituals (translated from Icelandic); Lock 14 (French)
Library books: 27

Finally, a book recommended by a blogger: After the Armistice Ball by Catriona Macpherson was recommended by Juxtabook. There were lots of others, but this one stood out, it was such fun. The third in the series, The Winter Ground, was even better.

Comments

  1. Thanks for alerting me to Blogger pages, but I couldn't see yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susie, you worried me, but they seem to be showing up okay in Firefox and Explorer - not on the sidebar, but just above the latest post: Home, Books 2009 and Books 2008?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, another compulsive list maker :-) As a properly trained librarian, even though this was more than 2 decades ago, I have never quite gotten off the habit of making lists and organizing things, although I have become less compulsive about it (must be the mildness of age!).
    Your lists show up just fine; I am using IE at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Librarian, it's good to know there are others out there! I find age means that the lists are more necessary than ever - if I didn't make them I'd never remember anything.

    Susie, it reminds me of those days when I put something down and then can't find it, usually in front of my nose :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts