Musing Mondays


Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about gift certificates…

Do you give gift certificates to book stores as presents? If so, do you give for actual stores or online stores? Do you like to receive them yourself?

I prefer to give book tokens as presents rather than books, as a rule, because I find it hard to choose for other people. There are exceptions - mostly family - where I know that a new book by a favourite author will be pounced on with delight, but a book token is almost like two gifts for a book addict, because you are giving the pleasure of choosing, as well as the book itself. I mainly pick either book tokens which can be exchanged in any bookshop or Amazon certificates for people who shop a lot online, but recently I've chosen Persephone tokens for some family members.

And yes, of course I love to receive them!

Comments

  1. you and me both! I LOVE the idea of giving GCs to Persephone! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts